Accessing the Website and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the storybooth online properties, and any service or material we provide on the storybooth online properties, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the storybooth online properties, or the entire storybooth online properties, to users, including registered users.
Intellectual Property Rights
As between you and us, the storybooth online properties and their entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by us (including our licensors) and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- As we may otherwise agree in a writing.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from this site.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the storybooth online properties or any services or materials available through the storybooth online properties.
If you wish to make any use of material on the storybooth online properties other than that set out in this section, please address your request to: [email protected]
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with the standards set forth below in the section entitled Content Standards.
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm us or users of the Website or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the storybooth online properties in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the storybooth online properties, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the storybooth online properties.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the storybooth online properties for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the storybooth online properties.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the storybooth online properties or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the storybooth online properties.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the storybooth online properties, the servers on which the storybooth online properties is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the storybooth online properties.
- Attack the storybooth online properties via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the storybooth online properties.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Website. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS US AND OUR LICENSORS, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY ANY SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
Story Materials Submission; No Contest or Sweepstakes
This Website provides you the opportunity to submit story materials for us to evaluate whether we are willing to animate your story. We require no consideration from you in order for us to evaluate your story materials; and likewise we have no obligation to do so or to respond if you do. Your submission does not constitute an entry into a contest or sweepstakes; there are no prizes and any consideration will be subject to a later negotiation between you or your parent or legal guardian or us. You understand that you must register in connection with your submission of story materials so that we may, where applicable, seek consent from your parent or legal guardian to use such story materials, or communicate with you regarding such story materials if you are legally permitted to consent to any use of such story materials if we were to animate your story. You understand that we have no obligation to animate any story materials you submit, and you grant us the limited right to listen to your story materials for the purpose of considering whether we wish to animate your story, and if so we will use your registration information solely for the purpose of contacting you to seek consents associated with any further use of your story. If we are willing to consider animating your story, you or your parent or legal guardian will need to execute a release and license pursuant to which we will have broad rights to use your story within the context of our animation, which you or they may do or not do in your or their discretion. While your submission does not require you to agree to such a release or consent in advance, you understand that we will be unwilling to animate your story materials without such a release and license agreement.
Story Materials Content Standards
These content standards apply to any and all story materials you elect to submit to us. Your story materials must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Violate the legal rights (including the rights of publicity and privacy) of others or contain any material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under applicable laws or regulations.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
Reporting Claims of Copyright Infringement
We take claims of copyright infringement seriously. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law. If you believe any materials accessible on or from this Website infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access to them) from the Website by submitting written notification to our Copyright Agent (designated below). In accordance with the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512) (“DMCA”), the written notice (the “DMCA Notice”) must include substantially the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- Identification of the copyrighted work you believe to have been infringed or, if the claim involves multiple works on the Website, a representative list of such works.
- Identification of the material you believe to be infringing in a sufficiently precise manner to allow us to locate that material.
- Adequate information by which we can contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number and, if available, e-mail address).
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
- A statement that the information in the written notice is accurate.
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
If you fail to comply with all of the requirements of Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA, your DMCA Notice may not be effective.
Please be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity on the Website is infringing your copyright, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) under Section 512(f) of the DMCA.
Reliance on Information Posted
The storybooth online properties includes content provided by third parties. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by us, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect our opinion. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Changes to the storybooth Online Properties
We may update the content on the storybooth online properties from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the storybooth online properties may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOUR USE OF THE STORYBOOTH ONLINE PROPERTIES, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE STORYBOOTH ONLINE PROPERTIES, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE STORYBOOTH ONLINE PROPERTIES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER US NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH US MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER US NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH US REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL WE OR OUR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE STORYBOOTH ONLINE PROPERTIES, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE STORYBOOTH ONLINE PROPERTIES OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
LIMITATION ON TIME TO FILE CLAIMS
Waiver and Severability
Your Comments and Concerns
All notices of copyright infringement claims should be sent to the copyright agent designated above in the manner and by the means set forth therein.
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the STORYBOOTH ONLINE PROPERTIES should be directed to: [email protected]
The STORYBOOTH ONLINE PROPERTIES are operated by:
Created Entertainment, LLC
25 Lewis Street
Greenwich, CT 06830